Tour Months – December to March
Sonamarg – Gagangir | Rezan,Kullan | Zoorpora.
Pahalgam – Aru.
INR – Submit inquiry
Category – Budget.
Highlights of the tour
- 2 nights houseboat stay at the pristine Dal Lake.
- Shikara ride at Dal Lake.
- 2 nights homestay or local guesthouse stay at Aru.
- Visit the historical Martand Sun Temple built by Lalitaditya Muktapida in 8th century CE.
- 2 nights at Gagangir.
- Explore Gagangir.
- Horse riding exploring villages of Rezan, Kullan, and Zoorpora.
- Fun Skiing based on snow conditions.
- Experience the local way of living.
- Airport transfer
Day 1 | – Arrival Srinagar
- Your trip begins with your arrival at the ancient city of Srinagar, which has been a site for major historic events and also been a cultural center for decades.
- The state of Jammu and Kashmir is situated at the northernmost part of the country surrounded by the Pir Panjal Himalayan range.
- On arrival, you would be met by our representative and you’re driven in a private cab in the city towards the Dal Lake, Our representative would help you check-in at the houseboat.
- Relax and unwind at the houseboat for a while and later in the evening, you’re taken for a Shikara ride in the lake amidst the backdrop of the majestic mountain surroundings.
- Dinner and stay at houseboat for the night.
Day 2 | – Srinagar City Tour
- Post breakfast you would visit the local places around Srinagar in your private cab.
- Srinagar is the largest city and the summer capital of the state on the banks of the serene Jhelum River.
- The city is famous for its Mughal gardens, Shankaracharya Hill, PariMahal, Hazaratbal, Khanqah Shah-I-Hamadan, Jama Masjid, Naqshband Sahib, Rozabal, PirDastgir Sahib, Sri Pratap Singh Museum.
- We would try to cover as many places as possible based on time availability for the day and your co-operation in adhering to timings provided.
- Return to houseboat for the night.
Day 3 | – ARU
- We make an early morning start today and head towards Aru above Pahalgam in our cab, it’s a 4 to 5-hour ride based on the snow conditions and traffic.
- On the way to Aru, we would be making a quick stop at the historical Martand Sun Temple dedicated to Surya built during the 8th century CE by Lalitaditya Muktapida during Korkata Dynasty.
- Martand temple was also featured in the Bollywood movie Haider. The song Bismil from the movie was shot at this temple and it is a site of national importance.
- After you reach Aru, unwind at the homestay or guest house.
- You could explore the village if you have reached early and witness the local way of living in the winters.
Day 4 | – Pahalgam(Aru)
- You would spend the entire day at Aru exploring its surroundings.
- It is a popular tourist destination for its scenic meadows, nomads, Lidder valley and Lidder River. It is one of the most sought-after places for movie directors and a lot of movies has been shot at this surroundings.
- The famous places around Pahalgam are Betaab valley, Chandanwari where the Amarnath yatra starts during summer months towards the cave to witness the ice Shivling.
- Aru serves as a base camp for trekkers going towards popular trails during summer months like Kolahoi glacier, Tarsar-Marsar Lakes, and Katrinag valley.
- Experience winter at its best in the valley.
Day 5 | – Gagangir
- We start the day early and it would be a long drive back to Srinagar and towards Gagangir around 7 hours based on weather and traffic on NH1D.
- NH1D is the highway that connects Srinagar to Leh
- We would try to cover few local attractions en-route to Gagangir.
- Gagangir is about 10km before Sonamarg and it is the last village accessible as Sonamarg is closed during the winters and inaccessible by road
- Stay at the guest house for the night.
Day 6 | – Gagangir
- Gagangir is the last village that is accessible during the winter months as the road to Sonamarg which is further 10kms is closed and inaccessible.
- Gagangir is a beautiful village with scenic views of the mountains around and spend some time at the Sindh River with its full glory.
- Explore the village and its surroundings.
- Head out for a horse ride exploring the villages of Rezan, Zoorpora, and Kullan.
- You would be having a fun Ski session based on the snow conditions.
- Stay for the night at guest house.
Day 7 | – Departure Srinagar
- It is time to bid adieu to Kashmir and head to the airport to your flight back home with an enriched experience and memories of a lifetime.
- En-route to Srinagar, you could buy dry fruits, spices, and fruits at the wholesale market located at Kangan, Inform your taxi driver to halt for few minutes to make your purchases.
- Accommodation in double/twin-bedded rooms in hotels as mentioned in the itinerary (or similar category hotels)
- Meals (Breakfast and dinner)
- Accommodation in double/twin-bedded rooms in hotels/Guest house/Houseboats as mentioned in the itinerary (or similar category hotels).
- Taxi tours, transfers, entrance fee, sightseeing tours and surface transportation as indicated in the itinerary.
- Accommodation in handpicked hotels chosen to suit your comfort, needs, and convenience of location.
- Airfares, airport taxes and anything not mentioned in the inclusions and itinerary.
- Lunch, tea, coffee, mineral water, tips, transfers not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Doctor, telephone, laundry and other personal expenses.
- Cost of personal emergency exit or expenses due to external factors such as climatic conditions.